Tony Gonzalez’s Plant-Based Diet

diet, plant-based diet, healthy lifestyle

Tony Gonzalez is one of the most popular NFL players up to date. He is one of the players of the Atlanta Falcons and follows what nutrition experts call as the 80/20 diet. This is also known as the plant-based diet because 80% of it is plant-based foods while the other 20% are fish and chicken. Aside from that, Tony also drinks vegan shakes to give him the proper nutrition. What kinds of foods does he eat specifically to achieves his buff and healthy body? For breakfast, he eats a double serving of steel-cut oatmeal with granola, walnuts, berries and adds sugar into it. In addition, he also drinks a smoothie composed of carrots, coconut water, blueberries, apple, strawberries, spinach, banana, goji berries and flax seeds.

During lunch time, what Tony eats is a black bean burger, a large kale salad, an 8-ounce filet of fish (salmon, mahi mahi or arctic char) and a side dish made of sautéed green beans with garlic and mushrooms. Don’t be misled, those foods are very satisfying but they don’t get him fat. Now after practice is done, Gonzalez helps himself for a snack consisting of a large smoothie made with coconut water, spinach, blueberries, strawberries, banana, vegan protein, walnuts, and apple juice. At times, he is also allowed to devour a Kind bar if he needs it.

When dinner time comes, he will be eating a large spinach and kale salad with avocados, cucumbers, carrots, and walnuts with a vinaigrette dressing, an 8-ounce filet of fish, and a side of brown rice. But the meal isn’t complete without dessert so what does he eat for this part of his meal? Does he eat a slice of cake or a pint of ice cream? No because what he eats for dessert is vegan organic chocolate chip cookies from Uncle Eddies. Because of his strict diet plan, Tony looks better than ever. He is also able to perform very well in his games because he is in good shape due to his healthy lifestyle. Follow his diet now and achieve a healthy and great body like his.

Tags: , ,
Posted in Dieting, Men's Health, Nutrition

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.