Steps in Creating a Weight Loss Plan
A weight loss plan is a guide, a program or your personal workout. It aims to help you attain changes in your weight. It’s not hard to do if you follow these steps, because once you do your fitness plan will be organized quickly and you can immediately get on it! Here’s how to make one.
- Evaluate your current fitness. – You need to think about how currently fit you are. This helps you identify which parts you need to improve about yourself. Some questions you might want to ask yourself are;”How long it takes me to walk 1 mile? (1.6 kilometers)”,”How many push-ups can I do in 1 minute? (60 seconds)”, “How far can I reach forward while seated on the floor with my legs in front of me?”, “What is my waist circumference when measured around my bare abdomen above my hipbone?” and “What is my body mass index?”
- Determine your fitness goals. – Are you interested to achieve weight loss? Do you want to maintain a balanced diet? Does building muscles interest you? To be able to attain your goals, you need to be optimistic and motivated.
- Make a special routine for every activity. – If you want to reduce your weight, strength training, cardio workouts and aerobics are some things that you might want to do. For healthy eating, add fruits, vegetables, grains, meat and dairy products. To ensure your improvement, organize your daily routine and know your limits.
- Pace yourself. – Don’t force yourself to exert so much effort that it is already way beyond your capacity. Just take things one step at a time. If you want running to become your daily form of exercise, you can start with walking. After a few weeks, you can do some jogging. Once you feel you’re getting good at it, then you can proceed to running.
- Try various activities. – To make your exercise more fun and not boring, try different activities like ballet classes, dance classes, yoga or try a new sport like swimming, badminton or volleyball.
- Have some rest and let your body recover. – Don’t overwork yourself. Over-exercising can harm your body so if you think that exercising everyday is too tiring for you, minimize it into 3 times per week to enable some time for recovery.