Diet Foods that Relieve Stress and Anxiety
Do you always eat chips, ice cream, cake, cookies or donuts whenever you feel stressed? If that is the case, then you will never lose weight that way. While it is true that those foods can make you feel happy once you’ve eaten them, they are also sugary and contain plenty of calories that can make you gain weight. I’ve got good news for you. There are actually healthy diet foods that can sure your anxiety and stress. What are these foods?
- Oranges – Since oranges contain plenty of Vitamin C, they are also great at alleviating stress. According to Glassman;”When we are stressed, our body releases more free radicals. Vitamin C in oranges helps our bodies to keep those free radicals from building up and causing more stress.”
- Berries – All types of berries have a lot of antioxidants in them and they also have several stress-relieving properties. In addition, these diet fruits are also rich in Vitamin C which keeps your cortisol levels regulated.
- Dark chocolate – Glassman relates;”Chocolate has an undeniable link to mood. We eat more chocolate if we are depressed to make ourselves feel better. And it works.” But if you decide to eat this type of chocolate, be sure to choose the dark one. It has healthy antioxidants which can help lower blood pressure and can make you feel more relaxed.
- Chamomile tea – Just by sipping something hot, you will already feel relaxed. Chamomile tea is an herbal drink that has a calming effect and it is also said to be a mild tranquilizer and sleep-inducer. If you have problems with sleep, drink this.
- Cottage cheese – If you mix together low-fat cottage cheese, flax seeds and fresh blueberries then eat them, you will achieve an enhanced mood. This diet food releases energy and serotonin which can help control stress hormones.
- Avocados – The glutathione in avocados prevents fat absorption and the damage that stress creates to your body. They can also stabilize your mood because of the Vitamin E, folate and beta-carotene that’s present in them.