Before pregnancy: Giving baby the best
When it comes to pregnancy, thinking ahead can give you and your baby the best possible beginning. Whatever point you’re at in planning a family, the decisions you make today can make a difference in your baby’s health as well as your own.
If you’re thinking about having a baby, you might want to ask yourself some key questions, such as:
• Why do I want to have a baby?
• Does my partner feel the same way I do about having a child?
• How will having a baby affect my current and future lifestyles? Am I ready and willing to make those changes?
• Do I have the emotional and financial support I need to raise a child?
• Will I be able to provide my baby with proper child care?
At the same time, think about your physical health. Indeed, the better your health before you conceive, the better your chances of avoiding problems that can affect you and your baby.
If you haven’t thought about any of these issues so far, it doesn’t mean you’ll have an unhealthy pregnancy. But the sooner you set the stage for a successful outcome, the better your odds. That’s true whether you are still in the planning stages, are trying to conceive or already have a baby on the way.
Posted in Pregnancy